Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Running again shortly.

I'm feeling recovered from everything, so I'm going to play it safe, take 1 more week off, and start running as soon I get back to Utah, probably on the 2nd. I'm very pumped to start hitting it again. I am going to take the first week relatively easy since I haven't run in almost 2 months, but I'm going to waste no time in rebuilding my base after that.

5 1/2 weeks from the start of retraining will bring the Rocky Raccoon 100. It's definitely just a "B" race, but I want to be ready. My goals are big for this race, but anything sub-20 won't be disappointing since I'm not going to have that big of a base going in. Still though, I feel very confident about this year's race since I am one year more mentally prepared and smarter about nutrition and racing very long distances in general. This is MY turn to run a sick time in a 100 miler and it's going down this February. Expect full weekly training reports starting in just over 2 weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck man. Probably making the right choice by playing it safe another week.

    ReplyDelete