Saturday, April 13, 2013

Running of the Leopards 5k (3 weeks late)


16:44, 8th place against some pretty fast competition (winner was a kid that recently took 2nd at Arcadia 2 mile's 2nd heat in 9:02 or something like that)

Race felt pretty meh to be honest.  Those mile repeats were still in my calves and I just "didn't have it".  In any case, this is only 10 seconds off my PR in slick conditions (probably not much of a factor) on a course that 12 seconds faster than a flat sea level track according to the Jack Daniels calculator.

Splits:
1 - 5:24 (took it out in about 5:15 pace, settled into that effort, looking to split 5:15 at the mile, only to realize that it flattened out and then went slightly up at the end of the first mile).
2 - 5:35 (got really lazy at the start of this mile, saw I averaged 5:55 pace for the first minute of it and then had to pick back up).  This is the mile that killed what could've been a PR
3 - 5:12 (too little too late)
.11 - :33 (realized I wouldn't hit a PR, bummed)

Effort wise, it never really felt that hard.  I wanted to push it harder, but after a mile or so, my calves just weren't super happy.  In any case, this is the fastest time I've run in just about 4 years, so I guess that's good.  Even adjusted 12 seconds back, this would've been a 16:56, which would've still been my fastest since 2009, so I'll take it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment